Over the next several years, Unitec’s Mt. Albert campus will transform to better meet the needs of students, community and greater Auckland. The site of one of Auckland’s earliest settlements, Wairaka will redefine urban development to create a place where learning, living, working and recreation co-exist. Creating distinct new forms of urban living, the neighbourhood will include:
- A rebuilt education hub that delivers quality tertiary services
- A business partnership area featuring commercial development opportunities
- Modern, well-designed housing in a well-conceived urban environment; representing the largest residential development opportunity on the Auckland isthmus.
- Enhanced community amenity and recreation opportunities that draw on the site’s rich cultural and environmental heritage and history. This includes active green space, better access to Oakley Creek, and community centres.
- A community-focused network of walkways, cycle paths and public transport access